Menopause is mostly inevitable for women, but the skin changes it causes don't have to be.
Pietro Simone, spa industry veteran and founder of FIERCE skin care, believes that it's important to first understand what peri-menopausal skin is to learn how to break these cycles.
𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘱𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘭 𝘚𝘬𝘪𝘯 𝘍𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘴
According to Simone, the need-to-know facts about menopausal skin include:
* Reduced collagen, fat and elasticity
* Increased dryness, age spots and pigmentation
* Acne development
* Increased sensitivity (likely to lead to rashes and irritations)
* Increased bruising
Studies have shown that women's skin loses approximately 30% of its collagen during the first five years of menopause, and at approximately age 50, the skin's pH levels change as well, which can lead to increased sensitivity.
𝘛𝘰𝘱 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘺𝘭𝘦 𝘛𝘪𝘱𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘔𝘦𝘯𝘰𝘱𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘭 𝘚𝘬𝘪𝘯
Simone has several lifestyle tips for taking care of menopausal skin, inside and out.
* Seek advice from a medical doctor about hormonal treatments
* Perform gua sha on the face and body
* Feed the body and skin with natural sources that support this stage of life
* Practice meditation and breathing techniques
* Drink lots of water
The Vintage Avenue Team x